The Tamara Leisure Experiences guide to health, hygiene, and safety at all resorts and hotels
Dear Valued Guest,
This handbook is a detailed account of all precautionary measures and policies that will be followed at every Tamara property for the foreseeable future. In the wake of the COVID -19 pandemic, some of the regular operations at our properties have been altered. These guidelines are prepared in accordance with directives produced by WHO, the Ministry of Health, Government of India, and the State Government. There may be a changes in the services and activities available at our properties at this time. While our Operations Team will do all they can to ensure a memorable stay, we do regret any inconvenience caused, and are grateful for your cooperation.
Please refer to this booklet for guidelines on services and facilities at the property, to ensure a relaxing and memorable vacation, while taking care not to compromising on your health and safety.
We request your support as we strive to maintain the highest standards of health and hygiene, while offering an authentic and memorable experience for you and your loved ones.
Thank you for your understanding and patronage.
Tamara Leisure Experiences Pvt. Ltd.
We request all our guests to make note of, and adhere to, the following general guidelines as precautionary measures during their stay.
- Only registered guests are allowed into the resort or hotel. As per recent guidelines, non-residential guests will not be permitted inside the premises without prior intimation and screening
- Body temperature will be monitored periodically by designated associates, using a contactless thermometer, at regular intervals, at different locations in the hotel
- As per the Ministry of Health, Government of India, guidelines, all guests should have the Aarogya Sethu App installed on mobile devices
- Maintain a social distance of at least 2 m (6 feet) from associates and other guests at all times
- Please wear a face mask at all times during your stay, especially when you are exiting the property
- Please read signages placed at different locations around the property, that will reiterate all existing guidelines
- Please remember to sanitize your hands regularly during your stay, especially before and after a change of location
- Masks and hand sanitizer are available at check-in at the reception, and in all common spaces at the property
- In addition, hand sanitizers and masks are available in every room, cottage and suite.
If you, or any member of your family shows any symptoms of illness, including a cough, a cold, sneezing, or difficulty breathing, please:
- Volunteer this information to the Manager on Duty immediately
- Quarantine yourself inside your room, cottage, or suite
- Wait for further instructions from hotel authorities
Before confirming a booking at any of the Tamara resorts or hotels, guests are requested to make critical pre-arrival information available, as mandated by the Ministry of Health, Government of India. This will help us ensure your safety, as well as that of our associates and other guests.
A pre-arrival form will need to be filled out and sent back to the Reservations Desk, only after which your booking will be confirmed.
The Confirmation Voucher provided to you will include a link describing all guidelines practiced at the hotel in relation to COVID-19.
You are requested to produce the following information:
- Details of travel, including all stops made en route
- Valid ID and address proof
- Recent travel history, both domestic and international
- Recent medical history, if any, of each guest
Please add a signed self-declaration form along with this information.
A hotel representative will contact you 24 to 48 hours before your arrival to confirm your check-in time and mode of transport. This will be critical to ensure social distancing on your arrival to the property.
Upon arrival, a designated member of our Team will provide you with information on all guidelines adopted at the property. Should you require any additional information, feel free to contact the Reception at any time.
Unfortunately, valet parking is not available for the foreseeable future. Guest are requested to self-park their cars at a designated area. Required sanitization of the vehicle, however, will be done at the property by trained hotel staff.
Private chauffeurs will be asked to follow guidelines as per the Ministry of Health, Government of India, if they would like to use the in-house services. Guest are requested to inform the Reservations Desk in advance if they would like to avail this service.
Please allow our associates to check body temperature of each guest using a thermal gun thermometer, and to sanitize all pieces of luggage before they are moved into rooms, cottages, and suites.
While availing buggy services in The Tamara Resorts, please comply with the seating arrangements recommended by resort personnel. You can rest assured that careful attention is paid to cleaning and sanitizing the buggies after each use.
- You are requested to follow floor markings to maintain physical distancing. Please maintain minimum physical contact with associates and other guests, and keep a distance of at least 2 m (6 feet) between you and every other individual present
- In the unlikely event of multiple check-ins at the same time, you will be requested to follow instructions provided by the Manager on Duty to ensure physical distancing of 2 meters
- Please sanitize your hands before & after signing registration cards and completing check-in formalities
Guests are advised to adhere to all hygiene guidelines during their stay at the property. We also request that you wear face masks at all times during the stay and encourage you to use the in-room telephone for any assistance regarding in-room amenities or food & beverage requirements.
All elevators are manned at all times. You are requested to follow the guidelines of limited passengers due to physical distancing. The elevators are deep cleaned and sanitized frequently by trained personnel to ensure that we maintain the highest standard of cleanliness any hygiene.
Guests are recommended to use staircases instead of elevators as much as possible.
Common Area Cleaning
- A team of trained personnel frequently disinfect and clean all touch points, including doorknobs, switches, door handles, safety latches, hand rails, taps, etc. with industry-grade disinfectant
- You will be asked for your preferred cleaning timings and frequency
- While the housekeeping staff offer daily cleaning, you may opt out of this all together, if you prefer
- For both normal and deep cleanings of all rooms, suites, and cottages, our Housekeeping Team will wear masks before entering the room and during the entire cleaning process
- Do let us know your preferences with regards to timing and frequency of cleaning. It is advisable not to be present in the room while the cleaning is in progress. Hand sanitizers and face masks are available in your room
- Please contact Housekeeping to make requests for replenishments of any consumables
- Water bottles, toiletries, medicines, and extra linen can be provided by Housekeeping whenever necessary, while maintaining social distancing
Repair and Maintenance
- In the event of a maintenance issue in a cottage, room, or suite, an associate will first contact you over the phone to resolve the issue. An associate will physically come to you only if the problem persists
- Maintenance personnel will wear hand gloves and masks while working inside a room, cottage or suite. Guests are advised to vacate the room while any such work is carried out
- Room service will be delivered with minimum contact, using trays and trolleys at all times. The associate will not enter the room, but will deliver at the door
- Guests are requested to inform In-Room Dining to collect the trays and trolleys left outside the room
- No outside food or drink are permitted within the hotel premises
- All meals at the restaurant are through an à la carte menu only
- Guests are requested to make reservations in advance for dining at restaurants
- We request your patience and cooperation if there is a delay in accommodating your request for a table. Our priority is your safety and we will adhere to guidelines that ensure physical distancing
- Restaurant timings have been altered according to regulatory guidelines. Please check timings while making your reservation
Linen and Laundry
- Room linen will be changed on your request, and not every day unless specially requested
- Housekeeping staff always wear masks and hand gloves while handling linen
- Laundry services are continuing as usual
Activities and Experiences
- Our Activities and Experiences Team are doing their best to provide guests with memorable and exciting activities and experiences, as always
- To maintain social distancing norms and the safety of guests and associates, group sizes are being limited to a maximum of 8 guests at a time
- Groups will be formed on a first-come-first-serve basis
- Temperature checks and the usage of masks are mandatory
- Safety Protocol is being communicated to guests by the resort. You are requested to follow relevant instructions during activities and experiences
- Swimming pools and fitness centres are unavailable for use
- Any change in facilities and services will be communicated to you on arrival. We regret any inconvenience caused and assure you that we are doing all we can to offer the best of services
- Due to strict protocols in effect, certain treatments listed in the Spa Menu may not be offered
- Spa appointments can be made and confirmed over the phone only. You are requested not to visit The Elevation Spa unless you have a confirmed appointment
- Please be guided by the Spa Manager’s or in-house doctor’s instructions on protocol to be followed
- Spa timings may be altered in accordance with regulatory instructions
- Please inform the Reception of your check-out time a day prior to departure
- You may proceed to check-out once the Reception confirms check-out time over the phone
- We advise that you complete all financial transactions online, prior to check-out
- The Front Office will assist you with completing the payment process
- Your luggage will be disinfected and collected from your room once you arrive at the lobby
If there is any additional information you may require, or concerns you wish to raise, please do not hesitate to contact the Manager on Duty.
Disclaimer: The hotel/resort will take utmost care and precaution to ensure that you and your family/ guest stay in a hygienic and safe environment and enjoy a memorable stay with us. However, the nature of this pandemic is such that in the event of an unfortunate outbreak which may or may not impact you or your family, the hotel/resort cannot be held liable for any of the consequences thereof.